by Hunter Bower // GeauxPreps.com Owner
NEW ORLEANS – The 43rd edition of the LHSAA Prep Football Classic is set to begin Thursday afternoon as 16 teams from across the state of Louisiana are set to do battle for a chance to end a spectacular season by hoisting a state championship trophy.
GeauxPreps.com will be in attendance at the annual event to provide social media updates, stories, photos and other features for each of the eight games. Fans can follow along by like the Facebook page or following on Twitter by looking up @GeauxPrepsLA.
The Prep Classic opens up with the Select Division IV State Championship between Riverside and Southern Lab at 3:30 p.m., followed by the Non-Select Division IV title game featuring Haynesville and Oak Grove
Friday’s slate includes three games starting with the Non-Select Division II championship pitting district foes against each other as Cecilia clashes with Opelousas with a noon kickoff set. The Non-Select Division III state championship between St. James and Union Parish follows at 3:30 p.m. while the showdown between Catholic of Baton Rouge and Acadiana for the Select Division I title is slated to kick off around 7 p.m.
The final day of the Prep Classic begins at noon on Saturday with Lafayette Christian and St. Thomas More in the Select Division II title game followed by Calvary Baptist and St. Charles facing off in the Select Division III championship.
This year’s event concludes with the Non-Select Division I state title game as Ruston and Zachary clash in a battle of the football titans.
All eight contests will be live streamed for a fee via the LHSAA Network on NFHS Network. The live stream will feature pre-game action, a full-live broadcast of each contest as well as postgame interviews with each winning team.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
The Caesars Superdome is a cashless operation including all concessions and parking. Cash will not be accepted as a form of payment at any parking, retail, or concession locations within Caesars Superdome. Guests may convert their cash to a Visa Card at the following Guest Service locations throughout the Stadium:-100 Plaza Level- Gates A, C & G Visa Cards are sold in $25 and $50 denominations and can be used at ANY POS location in the building including merchandise. Any remaining balance on the debit card can be used at locations where debit payments are accepted.
CLEAR BAG & PROHIBITED ITEMS POLICY
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com)
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
• Small clutch bags, 6.5″ x 4.5″, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
• Additionally, the following items are also prohibited: animals (except service dogs), banners (large or in poor taste), containers of any kind, contraband, glass, laser pointers, noisemakers, outside food and drink, projectiles, sticks, bats, poles or clubs, video and audio recording devices, weapons, cameras with a lens over 6 inches, and any other item deemed inappropriate by management.
• If you should have any questions, please visit www.mbsuperdome.com/contact-us or call at (504) 587-3900.
2023 LHSAA Prep Football Classic Schedule
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 7
3:30pm | No. 2 Southern Lab vs. No. 5 Riverside
7:00pm | No. 3 Oak Grove vs. No. 4 Haynesville
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8
12:00pm | No. 2 Cecilia vs. No. 12 Opelousas
3:30pm | No. 3 St. James vs. No. 4 Union Parish
7:00pm | No. 3 Catholic-BR vs. No. 8 Acadiana
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9
12:00pm | No. 1 St. Thomas More vs. No. 3 Lafayette Christian
3:30pm | No. 1 St. Charles vs. No. 2 Calvary Baptist
7:00pm | No. 1 Ruston vs. No. 6 Zachary