by Hunter Bower // GeauxPreps.com Owner
No. 2 Union Parish (11-0) vs. No. 9 Madison Prep (9-2)
Wednesday, Dec. 30 | 1 p.m. | Harry “Rags” Turpin Stadium | Northwestern State University | Natchitoches, Louisiana | Cloudy, 69 degrees, Wind: SSE 10MPH
Live Stats | Watch – NFHS Network ($) | Radio Stream (Union Parish)
Union Parish Preview:
Head Coach: Joe Spatafora
State Championships: 2001, 2013
Last Finals Appearance: 2013 (beat Livonia, 33-27, 2OT)
Road To Natchitoches:
- Round One: Beat No. 31 North Webster, 47-16
- Round Two: Beat No. 18 B.T. Washington-NO, 53-21
- Quarterfinals: Beat No. 10 St. Martinville, 47-6
- Semi-Finals: Beat No. 3 Lake Charles Prep, 43-42
• Union Parish is playing in their third LHSAA Prep Classic since 2001 and look to win their first state title since a double overtime victory against Livonia in 2013.
• The Farmers have dominated its opponents throughout the 2020 season having scored no fewer than 34 points in any game. They have maintained a 46 points per game scoring average.
• Joe Spatafora seeks to capture his second championship with Union Parish.
• The Farmers are led by tailback Trey Holly who has ran for a remarkable 2,595 yards and 44 touchdowns. Holly leads the nation and state in rushing yards and totals 48 touchdowns rushing and receiving.
Madison Prep Preview:
Head Coach: Landry Williams
State Championships: None
Last Finals Appearance: 2016 (lost to Sterlington, 28-27)
Road To Natchitoches:
- Round One: Beat No. 24 Bogalusa, 46-8
- Round Two: Beat No. 8 Donaldsonville, 41-18
- Quarterfinals: Beat No. 1 Jennings, 27-20
- Semi-Finals: Beat No. 4 Church Point, 22-16
• Madison Prep seeks its first state championship in school history when the Chargers make their second finals appearance since 2016.
• Head coach Landry Williams makes his first appearance in the Prep Classic where he will try to make history with the Chargers. Madison Prep lost a heartbreaker to Sterlington in the Class 2A title game in 2016.
• Madison Prep has averaged five touchdowns per game this season with only two blemishes on its record including a close loss to University Lab in the regular season.
• The Chargers took down the No. 1 seeded Jennings on its way to the state title as well as No. 4 Church Point. Madison Prep has won its last two games by a combined 13 points.
Distance To Turpin Stadium: Union Parish (96 miles), Madison Prep (182 miles)