by Hunter Bower // GeauxPreps.com Owner
NEW ORLEANS – For the first time in four years, all state championship football games return under the same roof 16 teams make their way inside the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans for the annual LHSAA Football Prep Classic.
GeauxPreps.com will be in attendance at the 42nd annual event to provide social media updates, stories, photos and other features for each of the eight games. Fans can follow along by like the Facebook page or following on Twitter by looking up @GeauxPrepsLA.
The Prep Classic opens up with the Non-Select Division IV State Championship between Homer and Oak Grove at 3:30 p.m., followed by the Select Division IV title game featuring Ouachita Christian and Vermilion Catholic.
Friday’s slate includes three games starting with the Select Division II championship pitting district foes against each other as Lafayette Christian looks for revenge against St. Thomas More with a noon kickoff set. The Select Division III state championship between Dunham and St. Charles follows at 3:30 p.m. while the showdown between Destrehan and Ruston for the Non-Select Division I title is slated to kick off around 7 p.m.
The final day of the Prep Classic begins at noon on Saturday with Lutcher and North DeSoto in the Non-Select Division II title game followed by Many and Union Parish facing off in the Non-Select Division III championship.
This year’s event will conclude with the Select Division I state title game with Brother Martin and John Curtis sparring in a rematch of Catholic League foes.
All nine contests will be live streamed for a fee via the NFHS Network. Jeff Palermo has been tabbed to call the action for each game of the annual championship event.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
The Caesars Superdome is a cashless operation including all concessions, merchandise, and parking. Cash will not be accepted as a form of payment at any parking, retail, or concession locations within Caesars Superdome. Guests may convert their cash to a Visa Card at the following Guest Service locations throughout the Stadium:-100 Plaza Level- Gates A, C & G Visa Cards are sold in $25 and $50 denominations and can be used at ANY POS location in the building including merchandise. Any remaining balance on the debit card can be used at locations where debit payments are accepted.
CLEAR BAG & PROHIBITED ITEMS POLICY
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com)
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
• Small clutch bags, 6.5″ x 4.5″, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
• Additionally, the following items are also prohibited: animals (except service dogs), banners (large or in poor taste), containers of any kind, contraband, glass, laser pointers, noisemakers, outside food and drink, projectiles, sticks, bats, poles or clubs, video and audio recording devices, weapons, cameras with a lens over 6 inches, and any other item deemed inappropriate by management.
• If you should have any questions, please visit www.mbsuperdome.com/contact-us or call at (504) 587-3900.
2022 LHSAA Prep Football Classic Schedule
Thursday, Dec. 8
Non-Select Division IV: Homer vs. Oak Grove | 3:30 p.m.
Select Division IV: Ouachita Christian vs. Vermilion Catholic | 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 9
Select Division II: Lafayette Christian vs. St. Thomas More | Noon
Select Division III: Dunham vs. St. Charles | 3:30 p.m.
Non-Select Division I: Destrehan vs. Ruston | 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 10
Non-Select Division II: Lutcher vs. North DeSoto | Noon
Non-Select Division III: Many vs. Union Parish | 3:30 p.m.
Select Division I: Brother Martin vs. John Curtis | 7 p.m.